Every once in awhile I get a very serious urge to write, usually because I've learned something or am over-flowing with some emotion. I've decided, instead of keeping these moments locked up in a journal, I am going to share them with you. Hence, my blog....


Thursday, February 25, 2010

In Between My Ego and the Rats

Woah! What was that!? Did you hear that? Wait....quiet..... There it was again! Dude, that was crazy.... What is that!???? Oh, I think I know what it is....It's the sounds of rats taking over our house!!!! Oh dear! That and the ego tip toeing and slipping in between the crevices and slits of my busy and wandering mind. Hmmm...which noise is louder? The rats or the ego? It really depends on the situation and the hour. Seems like the ego comes out of hiding for my most confused and stressful moments. As if that was when it was most needed....what crap! The rats mainly skit and skat in the dark, but they've gotten a might bit braver lately. Seemingly fearless, a little fella wandered across the kitchen floor in broad daylight just last week, hopped on the lip of the dog's water bowl and began to calmly drink a mere 5 feet away from us. Imagine the audacity! And the sheer cuteness! ;) How could I ever kill the thing?! The ego, on the other hand, is an entirely different story. I'll get my shotgun out for that sh*t and one hell of a knife, ready to fire away and slice and dice. I swear when the ego finds a way to cleverly set up shop without my recognizing it, I feel abundantly infuriated!. Its a TRULY audacious, soul-sucking, wretch of a creation that is, in my opinion, responsible for most of the problems that plague the human race. Hence my scorn and contempt and aggressive arsenal. See...the rats, the plague-bringing, "scum of the earth" rats, just seem like a non-issue by comparison. Perhaps I should change my mind...the nibbling we hear as we lay in bed at night could potentially be dangerous. Is that a wire in between your sweet little teeth Remi or are you just gnawing at the framing of our home? Hmmmm.... I've lost my train of thought now. It just fliffed away....bye bye big point I was going to make. Well, I suppose my sorta point was that the ego is the real demon here and creeps up all devious like most of the time when you least expect it or are in need of it...attacking you at your weakest, with a vengance and spite that usually you don't deserve. But....if you can beat it, you can beat anything. And it can be beaten. And it will be beaten...

No comments:

Post a Comment