Every once in awhile I get a very serious urge to write, usually because I've learned something or am over-flowing with some emotion. I've decided, instead of keeping these moments locked up in a journal, I am going to share them with you. Hence, my blog....


Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snap Me Out of It

I don't really feel like writing right now but I feel like I should. Maybe it will help me to emerge from this nasty slumping over gloomy dark cloud tizzy I'm in. Good lord...someone get the lady a ray of sunshine! Its unreal when these moods come one. Thats when I like myself the least. I know that I ought allow myself the space to be sad and unhappy sometimes because as a human these are emotions that come naturally to me. Just somethin about the negative ones that makes me feel negative though. Jeez...just listen to me! I'm annoyed at the sound of my own voice right now! I have to let myself be upset though. Ari...reapeat after me....It is OKAY to be upset! Ahhhh...deep sigh and I feel a bit better. I went through several years of counseling several years ago and I was taght that one of the best tools to help myself was to write. Man, it is ever the truth. I mean just let it all out and not give a care about what ever it is that I write down...that is an incredibly healing experience. Its a lot like making music or painting...or any kind of free expression for that matter. Its being given the space to just be whatever you are that is so comforting. I also find it comforting because its a safe way to vent...ya know, like it won't hurt anyone else? As opposed to bottling it up and yelling at the poor lady bagging your groceries, for example. Do you know what I mean?! I am starting to feel a lot better...this helps....Eureka! Its like every time I write to help myself, I figure out the secret all over again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment